Friday, May 31, 2019

Love, Prayers and Biopsies

Love is an amazing thing and  there is POWER in prayer!

My family and I have felt such an outpouring of love and the strength that comes from prayers this last little bit and it has truly given us strength to continue on each day as we wait for answers and I deal with pain.  Family and friends have brought food, and more food and more food.  Some have brought beautiful flowers and some a beautiful vase with such meaning.





All week I just wanted to get the strength up to go to work for a couple of hours if nothing more than  to be distracted a little.  Yesterday, I was finally able to go for a couple of hours and it was great to sit and be a little productive, laugh till it hurt and cry a little with co-workers that mean so much to me and my family.

Today was my Biopsy at LDS hospital.  It was a strange feeling driving to get a test performed to find out what kind of cancer I have.  The nurses were great and took great care of me (and brought Troy Diet Coke)
After the IV was in, they confirmed that they could see the lesion with the ultrasound machine.  I asked how big it was and was told around 7cm x 5cm.  That is a pretty big spot.  I had a little bit of medication to just relax me, I requested not much of the pain medication as it makes me so sick and I was not ready to go back to throwing everything up.  The procedure when pretty fast,  they took 5 samples of the lesion. I wish there was a mirror so I could have watched.  I did have the Dr. show me the needle and tools used.  The pathologist said he got what he needed so now we just WAIT more.
After the procedure, I got to order off the menu! I go a chef salad and potato soup.  I requested just a small salad, but it ended up being large.  I was able to eat a bit and it was so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment